Cartamundi Group announces some changes to the executive board
The Cartamundi Group – the biggest in the playing cards, card games and board games sector in the world – announces some changes to the company´s executive board, such as the transition of the former CEO Ricardo Albino Gonçalves to the executive board member, and his position being taken over by Ana Carolina Corte Real Gonçalves.
“I´m extremely proud to have Ana Carolina as a member of one of the most important boards in the entire Group. She is a key player in relation to the influence we intend to exercise in Brazil and Latin America”, explains the CEO of Cartamundi, Stefaan Merckx.
Despite the changes implemented, the highly successful partnership spanning over 15 years between the Gonçalves family (the founders of Copag) and Cartamundi continues. CM is now the majority shareholder with 75% of Copag´s shares; the Gonçalves Family hold the remaining 25%.
Ricardo officially joined the board of directors on the 1st day of 2019. “We thank him for all these years of absolute dedication, respect and exemplary work for Copag. We know that Ricardo has huge merit in bringing the company to the level it has attained”, Ana Carolina acknowledges on behalf of everyone at Copag.
Ana Carolina will be taking over both the position of CEO and a global position as EVP Latam / CEO Brazil – a member of Cartamundi´s executive committee. She is regarded as a name among the new generation who deserves to be at the very top of the group, with her modernistic and innovative vision and attitude with regard to CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility).
“It´s a great honour to assume such an important position at a company such as Copag, belonging to a Group such as Cartamundi. I would like to thank everyone for their trust and I am prepared for the challenge, particularly due to my predecessor having been such a wonderful example and due to having a team and people like ours”, declares the new CEO of Copag, Ana Carolina.
A pioneer in the manufacture of cards and the biggest distributor of cards and card games in the Brazilian market, Copag has become one of the leading global companies in the sector. Founded in 1908, the company is part of the Cartamundi Group – the biggest in the playing card sector in the world. Copag boasts a vast portfolio of playing cards, children´s games and personalized cards. The company currently markets more than 50 products geared to children, adolescents and adults.