US$248M expansion will add 123-room luxury hotel plus new VIP gaming facilities
SkyCity Entertainment has announced commencement of the US$248 million expansion of its Adelaide Casino to convert the property into a fill integrated resort, and has hired Australian construction firm Hansen Yuncken as project manager.
The expansion will add a 123-room luxury hotel and spa, new VIP gaming facilities, three new bars and three additional signature restaurants. It also significantly increases the size of the casino, with a 30 percent increase in casino product. The design incorporates flexibility to allow for further capacity if required and adds four VIP gaming salons, the company said in a presentation to investors.
“The expansion of Adelaide Casino will create a significant drawcard for South Australia, helping to boost tourism and economic development across the state, and we are thrilled to be working with Hansen Yuncken, a company that shares our commitment to South Australian jobs and development,” Adelaide Casino General Manager Luke Walker said.
Main construction of the expansion project is expected completion in 2020 for the project which estimates creating 1,000 jobs during the construction phase. According to SkyCity, “90 percent of the construction costs are fixed, with the remaining 10 percent remaining within its control, such as fit out.”